Friday 12 June 2009

Wish I Hadn't Bothered




So last night I finally decided to part with money (anyone who knows me knows that's a big thing) and went to see terminator salvation and from the title you can probably guess what I thought of it.

I was full of excitment even asked for a ticket for terminator salvation giving it its full title is was that excited and then after a small mix up with screens I was in.

The first ten minutes were all action as the human resistance mounted an attack on a Skynet communcations station and an actually quite good fight between a T 600 and John Connor (Christian Bale) took place and I was on the edge of my seat. Then it all went wrong. After the resistance found human bodies and also captives they realised something was wrong and Skynet had something planned. And so did McG, the director, he let Bale talk too much.

Don't get me wrong I like Christian Bale but I'm probably not the only person that hates the deep voices he puts on in his action movies.

So the movie continues with a few scenes that would get fans excited but not much else. The best scene is when Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington) and the young Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin) escape from a T 600 on the destroyed streets of L.A.

Throughtout the film John Connor listens to tapes his mother, Sarah Connor, left him warning about the future and yet again there are more long dialogue from Bale.

Trying not to give too much away from the actual movie the ending is somewhat of a saving grace and a CGI Arnie (T 800) did bring a smile to my face.

Overall the action scenes are quite good (look out for the terminator bikes) but there doesn't seem to be enough of them. Every terminator fan has been looking forward to seeing what the war was like, but am sorry it looked like they were holding back, and for me the war scenes at the start of T2 and even Connor's dream in T3 are a lot more sinster thus leading this fourth installment to dissappoint

No comments:

Post a Comment